In the time when the economy is getting tougher by the day we must control our expenses very tightly, including our dental health care cost. Along with general health care expenses, Dental Health Care Cost also increasing by the day. The increase may cause people to avoid getting the dental care even when they are desperately needed it simply because the cost is too expensive and they do not have the necessary insurance to cover it up. It’s really bothering because dental issue could lead to great deal of pain and sometimes bigger illness. The point is we still have to get the dental care anyway. If you are asking about the expense, fortunately there are number of ways available to get free or low cost dental health care for adults and children. Here are our tips:
1. The first thing to do is to check around your own community for low-cost dental services. You can do the following to find out more about dental care services:
- Be in contact with the American Dental Hygienists’ Association: you can find out whether there is any dental hygiene school in your area or not. The dental hygiene school usually provides low-cost teeth cleaning services.
- Check with your local health department: Ask about dental services that might be available around your community
- Another place to check for information: National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Oral Health Information Clearinghouse, 1 NOHIC Way, Bethesda, Maryland 20892—3500, 1-866-232-4528, http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/
2. The second thing to do to get low-cost or even free dental care is to check with your United Way office. Find out about low-cost or free dental care available in your area.
- You can contact the American dental association and ask them whether your state has dental schools with clinic that provide quality dental care but with lower cost. In this clinic the service provided by dental student under supervision of experienced licensed dentists.
- You can check with dental society in your state and ask about dental assistance programs.
3. The third way is to look for free or low cost dental service program sponsored by federal government.
- You should visit The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) website and look for “Find a Health Center”. In that link you can find you way to locate low-cost dental service provided by federally funded health center.
By applying the tips hopefully you can control your family’s dental health care cost.
- American Dental Association: ada.org/public/manage/you/faq.asp
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research: nidcr.nih.gov/FindingDentalCare/
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research: nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/PopularPublications/FindingLowCostDentalCare/
- Image: theinsuranceuniversity.com